100 Brooksby Village Drive
Peabody, MA 01970
Our Policies & Procedures
- The Dining Service team at Brooksby Village Catering welcomes the opportunity to serve you. Our goal is to provide your guest with exceptional food, top notch service and a pleasant atmosphere.
- Our Catering Manager and experienced staff will focus on the many details of your event to ensure it’s success.
- Meal guarantees are the minimum number to be provided and charged to the group.
- A minimum guest count is required seven days prior to the event. If attendance falls below the minimum guarantee, the customer will be charged for the guaranteed number of guests. If no guarantee is provided, the original estimate or actual number served, which ever is greater, will be the number for which you will be charged.
- The Brooksby Village catering team will prepare food for 5% over the guarantee. Should the number in you party change considerably, we reserve the right to move your group to a more appropriately sized room.
- Cancellations: Cancellation of your event must be made at least one week in advance to receive a full refund. No exceptions will be made due to food ordering, production, and scheduling of staff. Within one week of the event, any unrecoverable fees will be charged to the customer at cost plus 25%
Pricing & Payment
- All food & beverage for non internal community events are subject to a 20% Administrative fee and prevailing Massachusetts state tax. If a selection with a minimum number of guest is chosen with less than that minimum, the minimum number still holds. For example, a group with 15 guest requesting a menu with a minimum of 25 guest, will be charged for 25 guests.
- Prices are subject to change.
- External events may also be subject to a room fee & bar cost
- Final payment is due three (3) business days prior to the event; non-refundable if cancelled within 72 hours prior to the event
- If an event is booked on a “Holiday” a surcharge will be added to cover the cost of labor. Holiday is defined as any day observed by the Federal or State government as well as any day observed by Brooksby Village independent of the Federal and State government holidays. This surcharge will be determined by the Catering Department and will be based on the Holiday as well as the number of event attendees.
- Events must be booked with a minimum of two weeks advance notice (In order to adequately provide staff and order necessary food and non-food items).
- Prior approval is required to affix materials to the walls, floors or ceilings. In the event this is done without authorization, all damages will be assessed and charged to the master account.
- Glitter and confetti may not be used as part of the decorations.
- Tacks and industrial tape are not allowed on the walls.
- Music, conforming to reasonable community standards, is allowed.
- There is no smoking inside any public areas.
- Cancellations must be received seven (7) working days prior to the function. Total amount is due upon completion of your event.
- Brooksby Village Catering does not assume responsibility for personal property left in meeting rooms or in banquet space.
- Liquor Policy: Brooksby Village Catering reserves the right to refuse alcohol to any party
- All events and room reservations must be approved and coordinated by Brooksby Village Catering (ext. 7975).
- Departmental events may provide only one week advance notice, but are then restricted as to menu and staffing availability
- The Town of Peabody does not allow us to use open candles.
- Catering will obtain audio / visual needs for a client and communicate this information to the appropriate departments.
- Customers are not allowed to bring food or alcohol on or off the premises
- Arrangements in advance must be made for set up of live bands and disc jockeys.
- Events with bar service are asked to give “last-call” 30 minutes prior to the end of the event.
- Catered events may be billed to a private party (cash or check), a departmental code or a resident account number
Outside Food Policy
- Only food prepared through the dining services department is allowed in licensed catering rooms. Food from outside sources may only be served in non-licensed rooms.
- The following rooms within the community are covered by a food permit:
- Catering Room, Towne Centre Classroom/Music Room, Crafts Room, Fireside Lounge, Windsor Restaurant, Windsor Private Dining Room, Cider House Bistro, Cider House Lounge, Harvest Grille Restaurant, Resident Life Parlor, Overlook Restaurant, Overlook Private Dining Room, McIntosh Crafts Room, Classroom/Music, Administrative Conference Room.